Yesterday’s .NET department meeting was dedicated to problems of design and development of scalable distributed systems and, in particular, to architectural principles such as CQRS (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and Event Sourcing (ES). Constantin shared knowledge and experience received at Event Centric Weekend Tutorial led by Greg Young and Rinat Abdullin (Kyiv, October 22-23, 2011).
Several topics were discussed:
- When to apply CQRS/ES;
- Some concepts of DDD;
- CQRS principle overview (with comparison against classic N-Tier architecture);
- CQRS in conjunction with ES;
- Problem of flexibility in context of independence from underlying infrastructure;
- CQRS/ES from business’ and developer’s prospective;
- Maintaining high testability and reliability.
Second part of the meeting had practical nature and was dedicated to review of test solution (very simplistic model of market) written in order to gain overall understanding of introduced concepts from developer’s prospective.
Enjoyed this article?
you might want to subscribe for our newsletter to get more content like this: