Today .NET Team Meeting was dedicated to delivering high quality software by employing automated testing.
Main topics touched were:
- BDD+TDD development cycle: Red (acceptance test) - Red (unit test) - Green (unit test) - Green (acceptance test)
- BDD as a bridge between product owner and developer
- BDD from business prospective: Gherkin scenarios (Given-When-Then)
- BDD from developer prospective: making scenarios alive by defining of steps as concise and reusable pieces
- BDD from .NET developer prospective: SpecFlow as great BDD framework which turns Gherkin scenarios into (not only) NUnit test fixtures
- TDD as extremely useful thing to make sure certain piece of software will be working (as expected!) after it's written: testing rocks, debugging sucks
- TDD extra bonus (consequence) - decoupled code and nice system design
Constantin, Software developer at Binary Studio
Enjoyed this article?
you might want to subscribe for our newsletter to get more content like this: