A few words about the platform:
This is a complex emergency response platform built to help save people’s lives - if you’re looking for a serious project to add to your resume, this is it. Our customer is a Swiss company selling this platform to clients all around the world: Germany, France, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, USA, New Zealand and more!
The product has very rich functionality and demands very high levels of accountability and stability considering that a bug might be the difference between life and death! It is composed of a back-end system that handles event processing, a desktop client for managing rescue operations, and several mobile applications that communicate with specialized pager devices which support rescue workers on-site.
This is one of our long-term projects which we’ve been developing since 2013. The client’s product managers provide us the specifications, but we’ve taken full responsibility for all decisions and technical implementations of the project - so this is more or less our baby.
The current team consists of:
2.NET developers and QA Engineer, both of which work on the desktop and server parts of the solution.
.NET Framework, .NET Core, Angular, TypeScript, DevExpress, WCF, Web API, MongoDB, MS SQL Server, Entity Framework, NHibernate, RabbitMQ, SignalR, IdentityServer, AdvancedInstaller, Git.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Add new functionality, while developing and maintaining our existing code
- Review code and verify tasks done by other team members
- Actively participate in designing the architecture for new features and the overall system
- Collaborate with the product managers and team on the customer’s side.
- Confident experience working within .NET environment
- Good knowledge of Angular
- Solid understanding of application development using distributed architecture, multithreading, ORM, SQL, messaging
- Understanding of modern principles of software development: OOP, Agile, DI, SOLID, testing, patterns
- Good interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to listen to the customer, colleagues, the ability to notice your own mistakes and willingness to work on them
- Intermediate level of English.
It would be nice if you have:
- Understanding of cloud storage and Docker work principles
- Experience with WPF/DevExpress
For more than 15 years, Binary Studio has been providing high-quality software solutions for small and medium sized companies all around the world. These are the main things you should know about us:
Scrupulous approach to reviewing of each incoming project
Focusing on long-term cooperation - either with clients and developers, we are eager to take part in meaningful projects with great purpose and challenging tasks for our engineers. As a result, after careful checking of quality and age of existing code, defining the client’s desire to build a long-lasting cooperation and reviewing of expected tasks, we proceed with only about 30% of all incoming projects.
Conscious vision of education and professional development
Binary Studio provides a lot of support in educational activities - starting from internal lectures and online tech talks, ending with annual education budget Binarians can spend on different external educational activities, OKR plans and mentorship programs.
It is also worth mentioning Binary Studio Academy - intensive course for young IT specialists we organize every year
First of all, because of its extremely high competition rate (in 2020 we received applications from almost 5500 entrants, but only 170 of them became students of Binary Studio Academy. 35 of this year's graduates have already joined our company). Also it encourages our specialists to expand their technical knowledge, leadership and public speaking skills as Academy coaches, lectures and team-leaders.